Blockchain technology has various applications in different fields; one of the fastest-growing sectors has been the video game industry, especially after the rise of NFTs (non-fungible tokens), considered unique, which means that they cannot be replaced. They contain information about their creator and current owner. As we saw in our previous article, NFTs were created to give value to unique digital works that are susceptible to being collected and preserved; an example of this is the items, characters, and pets in a video game.
About Axie Infinity
Axie Infinity is one of the most popular titles regarding NFT. This video game has mechanics similar to the Nintendo Pokémon series; it has a turn-based combat system. We can have, breed, and exchange various creatures or pets (Axies), which evolve or improve their skills as we have more experience in the game. One of the most outstanding aspects of this video game is the possibility of users generating income by playing (a modality called Play to Earn).
Each Axie is unique
Each Axie is unique and unrepeatable, in addition to being identified with a “universal code.” However, the owner can change the Axie name, what he will not be able to change its universal code, since it is precisely this characteristic that makes it unique and special. Another outstanding feature is that Axies can “breed” and have young.
This title uses the cryptocurrencies based on Ethereum AXS (Axie Infinity Shards) and SLP (Smooth Love Potion), with which different transactions can be made within your platform. The video game allows you to sell or trade Axies with other players with their respective improvements; you also have the option of trading “virtual lands.” It is important to note that to play this game, players must have at least 3 Axies. The video game has the following official published data:
- More than 90,000 ETH (Ether) traded in its marketplace.
- The most expensive Axie was sold at a price of 300 ETH.
- The video game has more than 250,000 active daily players.
The video game has three modes:
- Adventure, a modality in which you fight against enemies and complete missions to win treasures and improve your army.
- Arena or battle, this is the “versus” mode where we can compete against other players and participate in tournaments that give the player the possibility to win different prizes, in addition to having a global ranking.
- Breeding, this modality allows mixing or combining “parents” to create offspring of an Axie (the maximum number of reproductions for each Axie is seven), through this modality, users can expand their collection or market their offspring in the market.
What do you think about this topic? Did you know about this blockchain-based video game?
If you want more information about our products and services, you can contact us or write your query below (comments section).
Image from master1305 via Freepik.es under Creative Commons license.